The training materials developed for the waiters and room attendants for the “Flexible workforce model’ in Ghana include a trainer guide, power points presentations and a learner guide. The training targeted Guestroom and public area attendants, General Cleaners, Waiters/Waitresses, New entrants to the hospitality industry with a passion for the industry.
The training was composed of 7 modules covering the following topics:
- Module 1: The world of Hospitality and Tourism
- Module 2: Professional Hospitality
- Module 3: Accommodation Operation
- Module 4: Restaurant Operation and Outlets
- Module 5: Restaurant Service Equipment
- Module 6: Menus
- Module 7: Food and Beverage Service
Waiters and Room Attendants Trainer Guide and Learner Guide
- Trainer Guide : This Trainer Guide is a combination of a manual and guide for Trainers. It contains an overview of the course, its objectives, learning outcomes, duration, target audience and their characteristics. It also presents the career path for beneficiaries, how they would be assessed in the course and instructions to trainers as well as the resources they need to effectively deliver the course.
The curriculum for the course is presented and in each module and topic, the suggested timetable, process and content for Trainers has been presented.In addition to the content on Food and Beverage Service and Accommodation Operations, this Guide also contains samples of the hand outs to be made available to trainees.The training was delivered for 12 days by private TVET providers and in-company-trainers trained by HITT.
- Learner Guide : The Learner Guide covers all the contents in the curriculum and serves as a reference material for trainees in addition to the hand outs.